lauantai 29. kesäkuuta 2019

Greece Portolan

Portolan chart drawn in to paper.
 
I draw this map for my holiday cruise from Crete to Dubrovnik.
Idea is that my medieval person drew this map in 1453 and story of this cruise will be added in to his history.

Draw material:
Graecia:  Willem Blaeu, 1644
 
Materials:
180gr paper
Black india permanent ink
Red and gold permanent ink
 
States of work:
- Draw material was scanned from the atlas in 5 pieces and connected in photoshop.
- Island of Crete was added in to file
- I printed and scaled the map in to size 50x40 cm
- I draw the coastlines in to the paper using strong light behind the papers
- I added place names using several sources to get map into 1450 level
- Flags to show who owns the islands and towns were added.
- Rhumblines was included
- Everything was drawn with the ink
- Scale was added




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti